Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"...And STAY that way!"

More complex than a double helix. More mysterious than the Trinity. More difficult than teaching a cat to mind. How can I keep my office in shape once I get it organized?

I think the development of good habits is the key. I'll be discussing my list on Thursday. Until then, here's a little riff for you.

Ode to an Office

Before I pick up anything,
Before I start to file,
Before I sort and stack and shred,
(That’s going to take awhile),

Before I hang up calendars,
And pencil mark the days,
Before I move one single thing,
I’ve got to change my ways.

I’ll have to take some time each day,
To put my projects back,
I must not leave them “just for now,”
But keep myself on track.

My hope is sticking with a list,
Of habits I have made.
I’ll throw procrastination out,
And follow plans I’ve laid.

Yes, I can get this room in shape.
That’s what I plan to do.
But if my habits fall apart,
Can I come live with you?

 What are your good office habits? How do you keep the paper monster at bay?


2 comments:

  1. I will be little or no help. I hire an organizer who comes in once a month to help me make sense of the paper strewn horizontal spaces in my office. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nita, I am so envious! That's a lovely solution!

    ReplyDelete